So, finally you have chosen a car that you would like to buy. Now let us guide you through the next steps for successfully buying the car. Letâ€™s begin with all the things that you would need to execute the purchase of your used Cars in Kona.
So, the first must have on our list is the driver's license. Although you should always have your license with you, it's essential to have it with you when buying a new car. It is so because the dealership will need to have proof of the fact that you can legally drive before they hand over the keys to you.
Secondly, proof of insurance is a legal requirement that you would have to fulfill based on the fact that from which dealer you are buying the car and who is the lender that is financing it. Therefore, it is highly plausible that you would need to present the insurance papers physically as proof.
Although, if you already have an existing auto insurance for your current vehicle, then you may be able to use it to take your car home with you without having to show the insurance papers. But you would need to make the required changes to your car insurance policy shortly so that your new car is fully insured and fit.
Also, just to be on a safe side you might want to contact your insurance agent before going to the dealership. So that you are aware of what you need to do to have your new vehicle added to your existing insurance policy. Which will make sure you enjoy your regular driving with a peace of mind.
Another essential when it comes to finalizing the car buying is the requirement of having a proof of income. If you are purchasing the vehicle on financing terms. Then it is a mandatory requirement to prove your income. It is irrespective of the fact that you are getting the car financed from a dealership, bank, or a credit union proof of income will be required by all of them. So, don't forget to keep it with you when going to buy a car.
You might be wondering why you need to show your income to somebody when you are just making a simple car purchase. It is because having a proof of income gives the authorities the safety that you will be able to repay the loan you have taken from them. And without this security they won't be giving out even a single penny!
The document that will suffice for this requirement is a recent tax return, bank statement or a paycheck within the past 30 days. Take a long with you whatever you can get arranged more easily.
You'll be asked to provide documented evidence for the place you live at. That means you'll need to show acceptable documents as proof of your residency. There are multiple documents that can suffice this requirement and a few of them are mentioned below for your ease.
- Recent bank statements
- Current mortgage or rental agreement
- Credit card bills
- Utility bills
- Property tax bill
In case you decide to use a utility bill make sure that your account number on the bill is visible. So, if the dealer needs to verify the information with the utility company, they can do so.
Of course, you don't want to miss out on this one. Irrespective of whether you're using a check, cash, or a loan to make your purchase, you'll need to have your payment ready beforehand.
Along with that you would have to make some down payment at the dealership. So, make sure to call the dealership before you go and talk to the finance department to ensure that you have the necessary amount and documents with you when you go for the purchase.
Also don't forget to completely understand the financing scenario in which you are buying the car. So that you are completely aware of the financial outcomes of this purchase. Here are a few things that you should look out for before making the purchase.
- Down payment: This is the cash amount that you pay to the dealer at the time of purchasing the car. The higher this amount the lower you would have to borrow hence lower interest charges and installment payment.
- Annual percentage rate: This is the fee and interest that you would be paying to your lender for the amount borrowed.
- Taxes and dealer fees: Taxes vary from state to state so make sure to check out the local laws that apply to Kailua Kona. While dealer fee covers marketing and transportation cost so that would also depend on the dealer you are purchasing the car from.
Although you can request the dealer to pull out your credit score report once you go there. But it is better if you review your credit history and score beforehand. So that you may have time to resolve any unpaid or late bills, which will enhance your score. Subsequently, the higher your score the better the terms of your loan.
If you already have a vehicle and you are not looking to keep both, trading in your car can be very helpful for purchasing your next vehicle. When you bring in your vehicle ensure that its condition is good and that the car is clean. If you can at least do those 2 things, the probability of you selling your car and getting a higher trade-in value will also increase.
- Current certificate of title: The dealership may help you to find all necessary documents for the transfer. Although if you require any duplicates, you'll need to contact your local department of motor vehicles.
- Current vehicle registration: It must have either expired or valid. However, in case it expires the dealer may pay you less as they will have to renew it themselves.
- A clean vehicle: It's important that you remove all your personal belongings from the car before diving into the paperwork. So that you don't lose out on something important.
- Service records: Dealers will require this as they want to understand the maintenance history of your vehicle. It helps them in valuing your car.
Don't want to deal with the hassle that Dealers often put you through? Don't have them running around the whole island to get a car! Drop by Your Local Kona Used Car Dealer Preowned Motor Cars in Kailua Kona, Hi! Serving our amazing Neighbors on the Big Island, HI. We are dedicated to providing the absolute best deals and service in the whole county! Check out our amazing collection of Quality Used Cars Near you Today!
Call Our Office at 808-977-6112 and let our team of amazing sales professionals help guide you through your vehicle buying journey